Lotus 1-2-3 was compiled with GNU C compiler!?

Jim Hogue hogue at hsi.UUCP
Fri Jul 13 04:24:56 AEST 1990

In article <2699D59A.D60 at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Lotus ("We're Not Competitive, So We Sue Everyone") Corporation
>compiles its flagship product... with the GNU C compiler.

Yea, I was just asked to port some stuff to the DG AViiON and guess
what, gcc is the C compiler that comes with DG's unix.  What ever happened
to all the copyleft concerns?  Does this mean the source to lotus 123
and all of unix (at least DG's version) is now in the public domain?
--
It was too wet to go out.  Too cold to play ball.  So we sat in the house.
We did nothing at all -- Dr. Seuss    So they invented computers!