Lotus 1-2-3 was compiled with GNU C compiler!?

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Fri Jul 13 23:46:49 AEST 1990

hogue at hsi.UUCP (Jim Hogue) writes:

>Yea, I was just asked to port some stuff to the DG AViiON and guess
>what, gcc is the C compiler that comes with DG's unix.  What ever happened
>to all the copyleft concerns?  Does this mean the source to lotus 123
>and all of unix (at least DG's version) is now in the public domain?

I believe DG supplies GCC with a DG-written gnulib, that
is not covered by the copyleft.
Pim Zandbergen                            domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                           uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70             phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands        fax    : +31 70 3512837