Help needed with ISC 2.2 installation.

Alain PETIT small at quiche.cs.mcgill.ca
Sun Jul 22 05:11:01 AEST 1990

In article <617 at tron.UUCP> beser at tron.UUCP (Eric Beser) writes:
>In article <860 at augean.ua.OZ.AU>, gvokalek at augean.ua.OZ.AU (George Vokalek) writes:
>
>> Another problem:  ISC claim to support the TMC830 SCSI adaptor
>> from Future Domain.  However, with this adaptor and a Maxtor
>> drive plugged into my machine, the BOOT diskette from ISC would
>> hang at the point where it should ask for the INSTALL diskette.
>> I know the drive is OK since it works fine under DOS.
>
>I am having the same problem with my PRIAM 738 scsi disk and my

	Do you have a TMC-830 too?  Because I installed ISC 2.2 on
	a SyQuest 555 (dated +/- early 1989) with TMC830 and I got no
	installation problem NOR performance drawback NOR wierd OR
	stange new (special) effects with this kind of setup...

For gvokalek at augean.ua.OZ.au:

	I think: Your configuration of the TMC-830 may be the
	problem?  Because of a overlaped IRQ or wierd BIOS address...

For anybody:

	Does anybody have some infos on the perfomances and features
	of the TMC-860 (A 16bit, ISA 16Mhz max, SCSI-1) adapter
	from Future Domain?  I'm changing my WD7000-FASST2 by a
	Future Domain because of lack of a (good) driver for ISC 2.2!

	Thanks!