Tape Drive Suggestion?

Stephen Wong stephen at hantsq.enet.dec.com
Thu Jul 5 01:22:52 AEST 1990

Hello,

I am considering to buy a tape drive for my PC.  The budget should be within
US$400.  The tape should be usable both in MS-DOS and SCO Unix environment.  I
found Colorado tape drive to be my choice.  But there is one drawback, it will
occupy a floppy connector, ie. I cannot have 5.25", 3.5" and tape drive at
once.  However, there is an additional card to allow user to connect two floppy
drives and tape.

Does anyone have experience with Colorado tape drive?

Does anyone know how the situation will be if using the additional card?  (How
the CMOS setup will be, 1 floppy or 2 floppy, will MS-DOS and SCO Unix be
easily access both floppy drives and tape?)

What is the transfer rate can I expect?  Please quote me something like xxMbyte
per min. etc!  I don't want to know the maximum speed which cannot be attained
anyway!

Where can I get the tape drive and card cheap?  I perfer Mail-order-house,
since I am not in USA.

Finally, I do want to know more about other brands if they are within my budget
and useable in DOS and Unix!

stephen at hantsq.enet.dec.com