Tape Drive Suggestion?

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sat Jul 7 11:22:39 AEST 1990

In article <1860 at engage.enet.dec.com> stephen at hantsq.enet.dec.com (Stephen Wong) writes:

| I am considering to buy a tape drive for my PC.  The budget should be within
| US$400.  The tape should be usable both in MS-DOS and SCO Unix environment.

  I would suggest that you go with a 60MB drive with its own controller.
The best bet is Wnagtek, not because its the best, but because its the
best supported. Several UNIX variants have limited support for other
drives, but all (that I've seen) have Wangtek support.

  Second choice is Archive.

  These are QIC-24 tapes, and will interchange with workstations like
DEC, Sun, and Apollo (at least). They run on DOS and ISC and SCO. I
don't have an ESIX manual set here, I *think* they're supported.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX