g++/groff for i386? (emacs, and other things too)

Harri Valkama LAKE hv at uwasa.fi
Wed Jul 11 06:07:18 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul10.122545.6963 at athena.mit.edu> dquah at athena.mit.edu (Danny Quah) writes:
>In article <1990Jul10.063631.5827 at pegasus.com> news at pegasus.com (Usenet News) writes:
>        I agree with Rick (and the dude from Finland, I've lost your
>name sorry)---there are so many of us with SysV'386/ Interactive '386

That's alright. It was me. I thought this scheme has more power if we
play with real names...

>out here, wouldn't it be great if someone who has already made some of
>these things allow anon FTP or UUCP access.  Why keep regrinding the
>wheel (or "pound on the sources"?)  Someone want to upload to kent or
>somewhere else?
>
>	If it's just to be macha, I don't mind building the stuff
>myself (having done so on SUNs and 3b2's).  Just that when the
>distribution is 20 Megabytes uncompressed and hundreds of us are
>downloading the stuff and running into the same problems....  On the
>SUNs and 3b2's, I could at least tell myself that I was spending the
>time for a group of users.  On my Toshiba, it's just little ol' me.
>This just doesn't seem to be enabling us as a community.

I agree with this. I already offered me to do the job here in Finland
but our traffic load to US is a little heavy already (and we Europeans
pay it al by ourselves although the traffic is more and more two-way)
so let's try first an US site and if there are no volunteers then I
start here.
--
===== Harri Valkama   (hv at uwasa.fi, hv at flame.uwasa.fi, hv at nic.funet.fi) =======
| University of Vaasa, PO BOX 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland (fax: +358 61 248465) |