ISC Installation problems partially solved

Eric Paul Meyer emeyer at cup.portal.com
Sat Jul 28 08:11:46 AEST 1990

1) LG

I got the same problem before loading TCP/IP.
Now I have TCP/IP up, and LG keeps telling me it
cannot find a server even so I started vls.
And I also did a vls -a before... vls seems to run fine.

vls seems to use service 5257/udp, but there is not entry for
it in /etc/services. Thus, I think it might be this missing
entry that gives me problems, however I cannot find a solution
in the rather terse documentation.

2) TWM

The sample .twmrc distributed with X11R3 had a bug. Just start
from scratch and build up... and it will work fine.

Eric Meyer
ELIABEL
emeyer at cup.portal.com
415 349 1021