ISC Installation problems partially solved

Randy Terbush randyt at asdnet.uucp
Fri Jul 27 02:53:48 AEST 1990

In <ERIC.90Jul25160948 at femto.mks.com> eric at femto.mks.com (Eric Gisin) writes:

>	From: gvokalek at augean.ua.OZ.AU (George Vokalek)

>	Looking Glass bombs with the following message:
>		Program Abort: 'vsxerr' not set
>	The local vendor currently has another customer with the same
>	problem.  The vanilla installation of LG does not seem to leave
>	much room for errors, and the only documentation is user documentation
>	(ie useless for problems).

>----

>You need to run the license server.
>The instructions for doing this are hidden in the user manual
>on page 27: Using the License Server.

This is not entirely true.  lg runs fine at init level 2 but
fails consistently at init level 3.  I have yet to determine
the fix for this problem.
--
Randy Terbush - Advanced System Design - Boise, Idaho - Voice +1 208 342 0835
UUCP: asdnet!randyt --------------------- UNIX Workstation Design and Support