swap on disk1

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amull at Morgan.COM
Tue Jul 10 02:39:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul08.224741.1366 at virtech.uucp>, cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

> Hmm,  looks like a real RTFM type of question.  Let's see.  I think
> we'll start at the permuted index...  Lets look up the word "swap"...  Hey,
> look at that - there's a swap(1M) command.  Lets see what it says...

You can start in the Bermuda index, but that takes a strong stomach;
a lot of people get lost in those and are never heard from again.
One of the strongest points in favor of the SCO version of UNIX is
that they refrained from using psychological warfare and camouflage
techniques when indexing their manuals. (Perhaps a UNIX first?)

Has anyone ever made a utility which converts Bermuda indices into
human readable form?

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt