Interactive 2.2 install query

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Jul 12 06:36:44 AEST 1990

In some article, I sat here telling a sad story about a dead Archive tape drive
> Before I go in to our symptoms I just want to say that Yes I checked and
> verified that the tape drive is configured exactly as it was before (I made
> a backup copy of / in a another file system which was available for
> comparison).

Ah,  I check the sdevice file, but not the mdevice file.  Boy do I feel like
a fool (but I'm also mad at ISC - they shouldn't have overwritten my mdevice
entry).

Anyway, the problem is that the ISC update changed the DMA channel from a 3
to a 1 and hence the problem.

Thanks go out to Jim Sullivan of HCR (now SCO, Canada), who describe the
problem exactly.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170