Terminal Database login problem ( again )

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Wed Jul 18 07:00:40 AEST 1990

In article <103961 at convex.convex.com> kemp at convex1.convex.com (Phil Kemp) writes:
>I caught the end of a thread last week about SCO UNIX failing to allow
>logins due to corruption of the terminal database. This bug has bite
>me twice now and I would like to know if anyone has further info on the
>details of this corruption. The first time I tried to reboot I couldn't
>get the system back up.

Putting

OVERRIDE=tty01

in /etc/default/login will let you log in as root on the
first multiscreen even if the brown shirts (auth, SecureWare and
friends) are miffed.

Rebulding the kernel environment (idmkenv) seems to fix the problem
for me, but I don't know why.