Interactive and me - An open letter to ISC.

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Sat Jul 14 08:39:22 AEST 1990

cfoughty at digi.lonestar.org (Cy Foughty) writes:
> Please don't flame me to hard...

Why not?  Normal USENET rules say you get flames greater than or equal to
what you deserve.  Trying to start an operating-system religious war will
get you plenty of flames...unless people just decide you're a dolt and
ignore you.

>...OS/2 1.2 provides a much
> better solution...

Depends on what it's solving.  You might guess, from the title of the
newsgroup, that folks here are interested in UNIX systems for 386 machines.
OS/2 isn't much of a solution to that.

[18 lines of opinion and misstatements about UNIX, followed by...]
> This controversy only comes up when emotions are involved; look
> from a logical standpoint and everyone will have a working system.

I'd never realized how far superior OS/2 is!  And, silly me, I thought it
was only available on PC-class machines.  I guess I just missed the
announcements of versions we could run on our VAXen, Sun 3s, RTs, Sparcs,
and RS/6000s...but if you say it's a viable solution, it must run on those
platforms, right?
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com  -or-  ico!rcd          (303)449-2870
   ...Reality is neat!  It works even if you don't believe in it!