List of "known" bugs w/solutions/workarounds

Source Admin src at scuzzy.uucp
Thu Jun 14 00:36:44 AEST 1990

cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>I am considering keeping a list of known bugs for the various unix
>implementations reviewed in this group.  What do you think?

>Should we do it?  Will it become unmanageable or just too big?

>What do you think?

here's one for your collection (though it might not be new):

ISC 2.0.2 tar has a stupid artificial limits causing core dump
when the path of the current directory is long.
i just tried to do 'tar cvf bla.tar *' in the directory
/usr2/src/programming/languages/smalltalk/LittleSmallTal
of course GNU tar has no problems creating the archive.
however, it is possible to do a 'tar tvf bla.tar' in that directory.

will this be fixed in 2.2 ?
--
Heiko Blume		blume at scuzzy.UUCP	FAX   (+49 30) 882 50 65
Kottbusser Damm 28	blume at netmbx.UUCP	VOICE (+49 30) 691 88 93