Rebooting a PS/2

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Sat Mar 10 03:40:29 AEST 1990

I need help from a kind person who's successfully written code to
reset (cold reboot) a 386-based PS/2.  What I've got so far is some
code that runs just fine on 386 AT machines.  On the PS/2 it just
sits there.

I know about the keyboard controller deal; like I said above, I've
got code that works on PC's.  I suspect that there's something in
the clock RAM that tells the BIOS that the reset is not a cold boot,
but instead is a return to real mode.  I don't have any hard facts.

I'll be very thankful for any information.  I'll even offer source
code to my excellent tomato sauce recipe.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.