386/ix 2.0.2 + PS/80 + WD8003ET/A = ?

Petri Kutvonen kutvonen at cs.Helsinki.FI
Thu Mar 1 01:41:21 AEST 1990

We have been trying to install 386/ix (2.0.2) TCP/IP on a PS/2 80-311
with a Western Digital WD8003ET/A controller.  Unsuccesfully, so far.
Is there something special we should know about?  We have tried the
driver that comes with 386/ix but it looks like it doesn't support
the Micro Channel controller board.  Also, there is a driver for the ET/A
on the "Super disk 1.6" that comes with the board but obviously it's
for 386/ix version 1.0.6 (all the installation istructions refer to
/etc/atconf/modules/wd and so on).  Any help would be appreciated.

Petri Kutvonen   University of Helsinki           kutvonen at cs.Helsinki.FI
                 Department of Computer Science   +358 0 7084216