Displaying all processes info.

Michael Stefanik mike at bria.UUCP
Wed Apr 10 09:37:03 AEST 1991

In an article, en.ecn.purdue.edu!longshot (Longshot (tm)) writes:
>I have done a little playing with this and had a few questions
>myself...  (1) Is there a good reference to help in programming with
>references to special files like kmem?  (2) How would one find the
>list of all processes for a user by tty?

The manual pages are woefully uninformative in respect to sloshing through
/dev/kmem (and probably with good reason :-)

Finding all of the processes for a user by tty would acutally not be that
difficult; you would simply use nlist() to find the _proc symbol in the
kernel, seek to the ``address'' given in /dev/kmem, and start reading, looking
for the correct line.
--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike