Displaying all processes info.

Longshot tm longshot at en.ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Apr 8 10:30:22 AEST 1991

In article <7275 at bgsuvax.UUCP> pthonda at bgsuvax.UUCP (Killer B) writes:
>Hi, I am trying to read the status of all the processes information
>in the system. I came to know that the file 'vmunix' contains a pointer
>to a location in file 'kmem'.This location has another pointer to the
>starting of process structures in kmem, which would give me process
>information. Can anybody tell me how to get the pointer in the file
>'vmunix' . Should I use nlist, if so , in what way.

	I have done a little playing with this and had a few questions
  myself...  (1) Is there a good reference to help in programming with
  references to special files like kmem?  (2) How would one find the
  list of all processes for a user by tty?

--longshot
--
longshot at ecn.purdue.edu	   (Rich Long)

  To be "remembered with an affection and veneration that shall surge high
     above the waters of oblivion and glisten through the rust of time."