Looking for info on NQS

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Tue Feb 12 11:40:33 AEST 1991

We recently installed NQS which we got through NASA's COSMIC program.
The documentation included on the tape, however, is somewhat lacking -
there are a few man pages and a couple of papers describing installation
and the theory behind it (a preliminary draft).

We have managed to get it up and running on some RS6000s with little
real trouble and even managed to set up a few simple queues. However,
the documentation falls flat on a number of areas (for example, which
socket should NQS listen on?). We are in need of a more complete
treatment of NQS which includes a sort of "guide to operations". Does
any such beast exist?

Thanks...
Scott