Latest version of Microport Unix/386

David Beckemeyer david at bdt.UUCP
Tue Apr 19 05:57:10 AEST 1988

In article <275 at bby-bc.UUCP> john at bby-bc.UUCP (john) writes:
>What about floating point for the 286 - any fixes in sight yet?
>It's bad enough that legitimate floating point doesn't work correctly
>but having the entire system crash while trying to do a legit floating
>operation is too much - or was it fixed and I don't know about it?

Me too.   I've had so many other problems, that I almost forgot about
this one!  What a pain!

It's amazing what Microport can get away with.  If they fewer problems,
a lot of the stuff I'm not too worried about now would be a top priority.
With Microport, just getting it to work is top priority.  "Little" problems
like malloc, floating point, csh bugs, etc. etc. don't seem very important
anymore.
--
David Beckemeyer			| "Yuh gotta treat people jes' like yuh
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| do mules. Don't try to drive 'em. Jes'