VGA with Microport?

Michael Grenier mike at cimcor.UUCP
Tue Apr 5 08:47:22 AEST 1988

>From article <148 at abhg.UUCP>, by misko at abhg.UUCP (William Miskovetz):
> In article <326 at uport.UUCP>, jmsully at uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) writes:
>>
>> We do not support VGA cards at the present time.  It may have been a mis-
>> understanding, since our console driver does work fine with the IBM EGA card
>> and V's and E's can sound alike on the phone.
>
> I'm sorry, but I have to differ here.  I have an AST Premium 286 running

Microport Unix is somewhat particular about the EGA cards its using. They
have a list of recommended boards available in their release notes. I'm
running with uport version 2.3 and DosMerge with a clone EGA card on a
286 box which works great (though it didn't with the Paradise EGA
autoswitch I tried first).

I don't remember which boards work and which don't - sorry.

   -Michael Grenier
    ...bungia!cimcor!mike