VGA with Microport?

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Mon Apr 4 11:32:05 AEST 1988

In article <148 at abhg.UUCP>, misko at abhg.UUCP (William Miskovetz) writes:
> I'm sorry, but I have to differ here.  I have an AST Premium 286 running
> System V/AT Rel. 2.3 and DOS Merge 286.  I installed an IBM (real big blue)
> EGA card (replacing an MGA card) and I could not get UNIX to boot.

A friend in California has an AST Premium 286, running 2.3.  She has
the EGA card that NEC sells, along with a NEC MultiSync.  She hasn't
had any problems yet.  Have you tried running the system at a slower
speed?  Perhaps the IBM card isn't up to the full (10/12 Mhz) clock
rate of the AST.  Heh heh heh.  Sorry, your problem isn't funny, but
IBM's are!