Memory models?

Randy Orrison randy at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Tue Feb 23 12:36:29 AEST 1988

I have noticed people posting in here talking about programming and using
various models.  Is this for real?  Doesn't Unix use the full address space
capabilities of the 286 & 386?  For that matter, do the 286 & 386 allow you
to get away from the silly 64K segments?  I'm programming under MeSs-DOS now,
and had really hoped not to have to think about segments (yech) when I
got unix (which i am hoping to do...).

	-randy
--
Randy Orrison, University of Minnesota School of Mathematics  |
UUCP:	{ihnp4, seismo!rutgers, sun}!umn-cs!randy	      |  (hello?)