Silly kermit question -- HOW?

Charles Hedrick hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 12 14:49:46 AEST 1988

Kermit is designed for you to use it instead of cu, not under cu.  I
don't say that what you ask is impossible.  I'm sure some clever
person will come up with a way to do it.  But in my opinion you should
think of kermit as a replacement for cu.  I don't use the fancier
script and autodial facilities of kermit, so I can't be sure, but it
looks like kermit can do anything cu can.  So just make the connection
using kermit initially and then escape back to local kermit command
mode when you want to do a file transfer.

Your main problem seems to be that you're using the connect command
when you want to transfer files.  Connect says to make an interactive
connection, like cu.  To transfer a file, use "get" or "send"
(assuming you have already set up kermit on the remote host to be in
server mode).  When you're finished, use "fin".  That tells the other
end to exit from server mode.  You can now use "connect" to resume
your interactive session.