Mail to uport doesn't work

Heikki Suonsivu hsu at santra.HUT.FI
Sun Oct 30 18:27:34 AEST 1988

In article <4893 at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:

>3) Kermit.exe doesn't work under Dos Merge.  Do you want a copy?

On my 0.2 beta almost no serial communications don't work, including all
versions of kermit I found, binkleyterm up from 1.4, SEAdog and some
others. Opuscomm and bt 1.00 was the only combination which worked.

>5) Mail to uport doesn't seem to work reliably.

I have same problem. One message got through but it spent two(2) weeks
on the trip and probably my other messages have disappeared, at least
I haven't received any comments. I try once again and if it doesn't
work then I post the buglist here, though my 2.2 is getting
out-of-date already, but I would like to know if 3.0 has those
problems solved.  I'm in Europe so that might be causing some delay
but 2 weeks is long time?

Urgent question! Does 3.0 have lint2 compiled with reasonable table
sizes, I run out of space on to my opinion quite small programs (~1
Meg of source code), or even better, dynamic tables!

>7) Directly attaching the lp port didn't seem to work at all under Merge.

I found out that /dev/lp0 is not lpt1: in my Olivetti M380C, I changed it to
/dev/lp1 and then it worked. I don't know if this has anything to do with your
problem but you might try fiddling around with different lp devices :-)

>Online Sys V.3 man pages as a standard item would be nice.

I miss them too!

>Pty support would be nice.

pick pty driver for unix-pc, it works.