How to get uPort to recognize COM3 & COM4.

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Thu Oct 27 21:06:03 AEST 1988

In article <71 at prapc2.UUCP>, paulr at prapc2.UUCP (Paul Raulerson) writes:
> I need to know how to get uPort to recognize COM3 &4 without
> purchasing an intelligent communications card. I tried the simple

    I beleive the problem has something to do with sharing interrupts. I
know a freind tried the basic 4-port serial card found at computer shows
and it also choked. Microport (and other Unix's) like the boards that use
one interrupt for all the ports on that card. It doesnt have to be
intelligent. Usually at the computer shows they will have two flavors
of small, cheap 4-port boards. One is a standard Com1-4 and the other is
listed as a Xenix board. The Xenix flavor usually has all ports driven from
a common interrupt. Im using an 8-port "dumb" Digiboard with all 8 ports
using IRQ 3.

						John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john at wa3wbu.uu.net
Marysville, PA 17053             |           Packet: WA3WBU @ AK3P