Igloopatch

Chris Wiener cwiener at crlabs.CRLABS.COM
Sun Oct 23 02:30:45 AEST 1988

In article <364 at w3vh.UUCP> rolfe at w3vh.UUCP (Rolfe Tessem) writes:
>In article <1058 at igloo.UUCP>, learn at igloo.UUCP (william vajk) writes:
>>
>> That darned serial driver problem under microport. Haven't we heard
>> enough about it yet ?
>>
>> Not really.
>>
>	[stuff deleted]
>Moral of the story: don't flame the software unless you're
>absolutely sure it's not a hardware problem.

I hope you've been following the serial port saga here in comp.unix.microport
over the last year.  If so, you might not be fast to jump in and assume the
software is not at fault.  At least Bill was involved in a possible solution
(the 16550 code posted recently).  As far as Microport, nothing but denials.
I challenge John Plocher to provide the user community with a detailed list
of changes made in V/AT Version 2.4 which substantiate his statement on the
Microport BBS that most serial problems have been fixed.  It's amazing how
infrequently Microport personnel contribute to this newsgroup recently.  Maybe
they're afraid?  (wonder why? :-) )
--
Christopher Wiener N2CR        CR Labs, Cliffside Park, NJ
DOMAIN: cwiener at CRLABS.COM  UCCP: ..!killer!crlabs!cwiener