How to get uPort to recognize COM3 & COM4.

Paul Raulerson paulr at prapc2.UUCP
Mon Oct 24 14:00:00 AEST 1988

I need to know how to get uPort to recognize COM3 &4 without
purchasing an intelligent communications card. I tried the simple
expeidient of telling ttypatch to create com3, with the interrupt
structure as so:
			IRQ=4, BASE=3e8H
which DOS recognized right away, but uPort choked on.  I assume
by this failure I have to play games with the kernal, or more
specifically with the asy driver in the kernal.  I looked in the
dfile.wini configuration file and found that the max number of
serial ports supported was 4, but am at a loss what else to change
to make things happy.  The line printer seems to have three vectors,
while the asy driver seems to have only 2, should I "steal" one of the
unused line printer vectors?

Any input/help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

--
Paul Raulerson & Paul Raulerson & Associates   +---------------------------+
Data/Voice: 1+215-275-2429 / 1+215-275-5983    | Always Aim To Please ...  |