Microport V/AT DWB 1.0

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Wed Oct 5 22:29:12 AEST 1988

In article <206 at focsys.UUCP> larry at focsys.UUCP (Larry Williamson) writes:
>I must agree with Bill Kennedy, Microport's DWB1.0 troff is infact
>brain dead. All my efforts to get it to work with jetroff have been
>fruitless. I am also quite sure that jetroff is not the culprit.
>
>I get the impression from the traffic in this news group that only
>Mr. Kennedy and I are trying to use jetroff with SV/AT.  Is this true?
>There must be more users out there? Are you complaining to microport?

Some of us are complaining to Microport via E-mail, and not just
complaining, but suggesting solutions. There are efforts underway to
make DWB 2.0 available to V/AT users.

>Why would microport want to fix a problem that is bothering only two
>of there users, especially when one of them has found a solution to
>his problem?

Because there are at least some people even at Microport who care about more
than the bottom line; however, if I were one of them, I would not respond to
some of the complaints posted here either, seeing what tone they are in.

Seriously, I find that most companies react better to e-mail and phone calls
than to constant bashing in a public forum like this.

Wolf Paul
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD