Microport V/AT DWB 1.0

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.UUCP
Sat Oct 1 22:19:12 AEST 1988

In article <162 at carpet.WLK.COM> bill at carpet.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>Some time back I suggested that Microport troff for V/AT doesn't work,
>John Sulley said it worked for him to a typesetter.  He also said that
>maybe he should bring up JetRoff to confirm or deny the results I saw.
>I've seen no further reaction from anyone else or from Microport, is it
>reasonable to ASSume that my claim (Microport V/AT troff is brain dead)
>is correct?  Has anyone tried JetRoff with Microport's '386 version?

I've tried to bring jetroff up on the V/AT (286) machine with little
success.  I can't say that my problems have been troff's fault though.
Some problems seem to be font file errors.

I've been thinking about sending my $$ to jetroff's author so that I'll
have a good clean version to work from.  But with the concern you have
raised of troff's viability, I'm not sure that it would be money well
spent.

I would feel more comfortable if I heard that someone else has actually
used DWB1.0 troff with success.  Someone not connected with microport,
that is.

--
Larry Williamson  -- Focus Automation Systems -- Waterloo, Ontario
                       watmath!focsys!larry       (519) 746-4918