Microport SysV/AT

Joe Smith jes at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 15 04:18:34 AEST 1988

I am about to buy a machine from a friend which is a 286 AT-clone He
has Microport for the machine and I have some questions.  I am sure
that most of these have been asked before but I've just strated
reading this group so please NO FLAMES.

1) If i buy this machine with Microport SysV/AT, is the licsence transferable
	to me, i.e. can I call up and ask questions and down load from their
	bboard.

2) This machine does not have much memory (1 Mb), how much sould I have as
	a single user, without terminals?

3) Does Microport use 80287 chip, if present?

4) The machine has a 70 Mb Miniscribe HD (28 ms).  Will this be large enough?

5) What Gnu Software will run on this system? (Emacs, Gnu-C, Gnu-C++ etc?).

Thanks for any responses!

Frank Kolakowski (a.k.a. Lee)
|c/o jes at eniac.seas.upenn.edu			||	Univ. of Penna.     |
|kolakowski%c.chem.upenn.edu at relay.upenn.edu	||	Dept of Chemistry   |
|bcooperman.kolakowski at bionet-20.arpa		||	231 South 34th St.  |
|AT&T:	1-215-898-2927				||	Phila, PA 19104     |
Joe Smith
jes at eniac.seas.upenn.edu

University of Pennsylvania
Department of Chemistry