running "pcomm" on Sys V/AT

suhans suhans at let.vu.nl
Mon Sep 19 20:09:23 AEST 1988

In article <635 at wa3wbu.UUCP>, john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
> In article <424 at l5comp.UUCP>, scotty at l5comp.UUCP (Scott Turner) writes:
> > Deep in the heart of ports.c of pcomm you will find a if statement that
> > checks *str != NULL || str != NULL. This needs to be reversed so that it
>
>        There is a file called port.c but not ports.c. And I searched
> through all the occurances of "str" and there is no line like you
> mention above. Can you clarify where it is located ? Thanks !

You must not search for str or *str but you must search for NULL in
port.c and then change it to the above line. str is not the variable
the variable is lock_path. str just means a string but not the string.
I have changed it in curses.c to, but the names are different again.
So *str !=NULL || str != NULL must always be str != NULL || *str !=NULL
Just search for NULL in the file when you find *???? != NULL you
change it to ???? != NULL || *???? != NULL
I compiled it and it does work, the only problem is that the screen
layout doesn't work right, I don't know if the problem is my curses
or there is something wrong in the program.
But I can call other systems using pcomm

Organisation:	Free University, Faculty of Literature
                Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Name:		Hans Varkevisser (system administrator)
                hans at let.vu.nl  or let.vu.nl!hans (UUCP)