using an above board's serial port

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Fri Sep 2 12:42:15 AEST 1988

In article <297 at hawkmoon.MN.ORG> det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) writes:
>I am running uport 386/V 3.0-L2.2 on an acer-1100.  I have an intel above board
>286/ps installed, which means that there is an extra serial port that comes
>with the board.  I already have two serial ports installed, but would like to
>be able to use the 3rd serial port on the above board, if possible.

You need to find out how you can configure the ports, look at what you currently
have in the systen, and cross out any choices which are "already taken".
Any that are left are open for use by the intel board.  You set the board up
and run ttypatch to tell the system what you have done.

In general, IRQ lines *can not* be shared across boards.

    -John Plocher