running "pcomm" on Sys V/AT

Scott Turner scotty at l5comp.UUCP
Wed Sep 21 21:48:40 AEST 1988

In article <218 at serene.CTS.COM> rfarris at serene.cts.com (Rick Farris) writes:
>	if ((lock_path != NULL) && (*lock_path != (char)NULL)) {
>
>Rick Farris          |     rfarris at serene.cts.com    |   Voice  (619) 259-6793

OK, ok, ok! The line should really read:
	if ((lock_path != NULL) && (*lock_path != '\0')) {

And for those REAL nit pickers out there, yes I put in extra ()'s. The compiler
will process the line with or without the extra ()'s, but it makes it easier
for me to parse the line at 03:00. :) No need to slosh the poor brain cells
to remember if && binds before != etc... I heartily recomend them to those
who are new to C.

On a different topic, I just received a mail message from a person here on
the net claiming that Microport refused to sell him an Update contract! (he
didn't say what version of unix he was trying to get a contract for)

What gives? Are they no longer available? If not, why not? Are hotline
contracts next if this is so?

Scott Turner
scotty at l5comp -or- uunet!l5comp!scotty