running "pcomm" on Sys V/AT

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Mon Sep 19 22:06:05 AEST 1988

In article <635 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
 >In article <424 at l5comp.UUCP>, scotty at l5comp.UUCP (Scott Turner) writes:
 >> Deep in the heart of ports.c of pcomm you will find a if statement that
 >> checks *str != NULL || str != NULL. This needs to be reversed so that it
 >
 >       There is a file called port.c but not ports.c. And I searched
 >through all the occurances of "str" and there is no line like you
 >mention above. Can you clarify where it is located ? Thanks !

The line actually reads:

	if (*lock_path != NULL || lock_path != NULL) {

Scott thus used "str" as a generic name for a string, similar to the
way names are used in the "SYNOPSIS" portion of a typical UNIX manual
page. When the manual page says that "fopen()" is called as,
"fopen(file-name, type)", that doesn't mean that you always have to call
the first argument "file-name" and the second one "type".

Be a bit creative in interpreting USENET postings :-) ...
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD