SysV/AT awk problem: Usenet stats script

Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard jay at splut.UUCP
Tue Sep 20 22:03:03 AEST 1988

Has anyone out there gotten Erik Fair's Usenet stats awk script to run
under Microport System V/AT? I'm running 2.3.0, and when I try it, I
get:
awk: out of space in tostring on moray
 record number 1

I'm not an awk guru, so that message is somewhat less than enlightening.
I'll rip into it myself if necessary, but don't really know where to
start looking.

Thanks...
--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:       uunet!nuchat!           | adequately be explained by stupidity.