Unix Release 3.1 (was: new groups for iX86 unix)

Steve Neighorn neighorn at qiclab.UUCP
Sun Sep 4 06:33:54 AEST 1988

In article <828 at vsi.UUCP> sullivan at vsi.UUCP (Michael T Sullivan) writes:

>Is this for 386's as well?  Then, it naturally follows, when Open Look
>comes out on AT&T's 6386 we won't be able to run VP/ix with it?  Sheez!

This is true for Unix 3.1 on the 80386. Release 3.2 comes with X-Windows
11, in the same kind of a package that Release 3.1 came with 10.4.  The
latest version of VP/IX will work with X-Windows, at least on specific
80386 workstations. I believe that Open Look on the AT&T machine will run
with VP/ix - At least that is what I have been told.

--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogcvax}!qiclab!neighorn
Intel Corporation            "Where we BUILD the Star Fighters that defend the