Unix Release 3.1 (was: new groups for iX86 unix)

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.UUCP
Sun Sep 4 06:00:50 AEST 1988

In article <231 at skep2.ATT.COM> wcs at skep2.UUCP (46323-Bill.Stewart.[ho95c],2G218,x0705,) writes:
>them.  Actually, I'm not totally surprised - X wants to own the screen,
>and VP/IX wants to parcel the screen out to DOS clones, and short of
>running DOS in X windows, it's not obvious what a good solution is.

How about the same solution that applies to every other unix device?
Write a driver that supplies the required functions and an interlocking
mechanism to parcel them out to the applications that request them.  Then
you could have virtual terminals without having to fire up a DOS emulator
(seemed like a pretty strange concept to me anyway... unix in a dos window?).

Les Mikesell