386/ix direct sales -- okay?

Mark Lawrence mark at drd.UUCP
Fri Sep 9 03:30:08 AEST 1988

In article <254 at drd.UUCP> I wrote:
>I haven't heard a hoot from ISC (Been over a week now).

Well, they hooted (must of heard my plaint).  Actually, I got a very
nice comprehensive letter from a regional sales rep in Dallas along with
a targeted package of propaganda (in other words, they only sent flyers
which answered the questions I asked).

Of course, I was gladdened to find out that they do support my Western
Digital cheapo e-net board and want to give me a developers setup for
only $525 -- if only I'll sign the little agreement they send along.

Basically, they want to extract a promise that I, the ISV, will port my
application to 386/ix in a _mutally agreeable timeframe_ and that they
get to point to me as an application that runs under their system.

And I got the cutesy ad copy wrong: it's "Yo, Brian..."

					Mark

--
 5506 South Lewis                    |   [uunet!apctrc,romed,tulsun]!drd!mark
 Tulsa, Ok 74105       (918)664-9010 |       mlawrence at jarsun1.ZONE1.COM