running pcomm

Scott Turner scotty at l5comp.UUCP
Wed Sep 21 23:19:26 AEST 1988

In article <555 at vulet.let.vu.nl.UUCP> suhans at let.vu.nl (suhans) writes:
>but I don't know. The problem is that the screen in not restored properly
>when leaving pcomm, the two bottom lines can't be used any more, when
>I exec ls at the bottomlines the screen is just scrolling at the two
>lines.I only can restore this by rebooting.

This problem also shows up under System V/386 2.2. Under that system I have
had great success in regaining full use of the console by using: tput clear.

Note that relief does seem to be in the works for System V/386 users, I have
NEVER seen this problem under System V/386 3.0e...

(I guess they fixed it.)

Scott Turner
scotty at l5comp -or- uunet!l5comp!scotty