uport's new SysV/AT 'vi'--What does it do?

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Fri Sep 9 09:46:22 AEST 1988

If you're a validated Microport BBS user, with a registered serial number,
the BBS will allow you to download a new 'vi' editor for System V/AT.  Can
someone tell me what's new about this and why I'd use it over the one
distributed with version 2.2-L?  (Actually, I have downloaded it, and all
I can see about it is that it takes _forever_ to load--my system is a
10mhz AT clone with 2.2 megs RAM.)
--
UUCP:  ...!{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!aplcen!wb3ffv!fallst!tkevans
OTHER: ...!attmail!fallst!tkevans