Couple of Questions

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Fri Sep 2 12:56:30 AEST 1988

In article <412 at lehi3b15.UUCP> mludwig at lehi3b15.UUCP (Mitchell Ludwig ) writes:
>	    communications.  I used the ttyM00 in the inittab and that
>	    sets my modem correctly.  All works fine until I attempt
>	    to use kermit.  I set to /dev/ttyM00 and I get a protection
>	    violation.

You should use ttyM00 for gettys and tty00 (no 'M') for kermit and uucp.

>	2.  My com2 port is wired with a null modem to an AT&T 7300 running
>	    UN*X.  How can I get bi-directional communications between the
>	    two?

Use ttyM01 for the getty and make sure that DTR from the 386 is wired to
CD on the 7300, and that DTR from the 7300 is wired to CD on the 386.
Use tty01 for kermit and uucp (set line /dev/tty00 -or- tty00 in your
Devices file for uucp)

Do not use uugetty, it is not needed if you use the ttyMxx/ttyxx scheme.

>	3.  (My, don't these go on forever)  I own a 3com lan board and
>	    want to use TCPIP with it.

You could port the KA9Q TCP code... :-)
(Microport does not currently have drivers for the 3com board)

     -John Plocher