Need help with "ct" and TZ

John M. Sully jmsully at uport.UUCP
Sat Sep 17 03:10:42 AEST 1988

In article <174 at wm6r.UUCP> thornton at wm6r.UUCP (John Thornton) writes:
|I'm having trouble getting "ct" to work.  When I invoke ct with the
|following command line:
|
|ct -v -h -w3 -s1200 5261999

I don't believe that ct was ever modified to work with the dialinfo stuff
that cu and uucico use.  That means that it only knows how to dial a Ven-
Tel MD212 or something like that.

|I'm real pleased with HDB but have been unable to figure out one thing:
|When a system calls in for which I have the CALLBACK option set, the uulog
|entries are in EST instead of PST!  All outgoing uucp stuff has the correct
|time zone.  I know about environment variable TZ, is there some way to set
|it globally?  It seemd to default to EST.

To do this you would probably need to wrap uucico in a script which sets the
TZ variable.  The TZ variable is normally set in /etc/profile.

Also, the 2.4 version of System V/AT will include the BNU UUCP system, for
all of you who are interested.

John M. Sully