make(1)

John Adams johna at haddock.ima.isc.com
Tue Aug 8 00:56:21 AEST 1989

In article <58 at calcite.UUCP> vjs at calcite.UUCP (Vernon Schryver) writes:
-Am I the only person in the world who thinks that make(1) should be compiled
-so that '-d' works?
-I guessed history was a good enough reason make(1) was built small in Microport
-3.0e.  Finding the same restriction in ISC 2.0.2 has made me wonder if someone
-at AT&T is asleep at the helm.

Let's see.  The latest documentation I could find about -d was an old Sys III
manual.  But I tried it anyway under ISC 2.0.2.  It worked!  What's your
complaint?  Have you tried to use "make -nd"?  Do you have some axe to grind
with Interactive?

John Adams	(home)	johna at grumpy.ima.isc.com	(617) 646-6491
		(work)	johna at haddock.ima.isc.com	(617) 661-7474