Problem with Micom ethernet tcp/ip and SysV/AT 2.4

geo_rsb at tor.nhh.no geo_rsb at tor.nhh.no
Tue Aug 22 12:27:10 AEST 1989

I am running uport System V/AT 2.4 with DosMerge 286 2.0 on
an AT-compatible, and have installed the most recent linkkit,
i.e. the one with DosMerge.

In addition I have a Micom-interlan NP600A ethernet card, and
accompanying NP626 software for uport System V (version 2.3 or
later)(sic). On installation, which involved running the linkkit,
it turned out that there was an unreferenced call on putchar() !!

It is clear that linkkit changed between versions 2.3 and 2.4
(most probably not only in kernio.c).

Has anyone heard of a succesful installation of NP626 tcp/ip
software and ethernet drivers under uport version 2.4 - with or
without DosMerge? The easiest line of retreat is to go back to
the version 2.3 linkkit and kernel, *but* then I loose my RLL
disk.

Roger Bivand
Institute of Geography
Norwegian School of Economics And Business Administration
Bergen, Norway

geo_rsb at tor.nhh.no, roger.bivand at nhh.uninett.ean