Dual Seagate 4096 problem on Sys V/AT 2.4 solved!

Steve Froeschke steve at conch.uunet
Fri Aug 4 20:09:31 AEST 1989

In article <1989Aug3.180927.1002 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
>In article <235 at opel.UUCP> johnk at opel.UUCP (John Kennedy) writes:
>$Thanks to all who responded to my pleas for help in getting a second
>$ST-4096 up and running.  The problem seemed to lie in an assortment
>$of undocumented jumpers on the underside of the drive.  Steve Froeschke
>$(uunet!conch!steve) provided a list of jumper configurations, as supplied
>$to him by Seagate technicians.  This was invaluable information, as
>$Seagate has a tech support number which guides you through a touch
>$tone menu, only to connect you with a busy signal.
>
>PLEASE post the entire list of jumpers!  I would love to get my hands on
>them, but get only busy signals from Seagate as well.

Karl, unfortunatly, I don't have a list of what all the jumpers do, but
rather, which ones I needed to get both drives running in the same box. :-)

I spent about a full day calling Seagate before I got an answer, but, once
I got through they had me up and running within 5 minutes!  I'll do some
digging where I work and see if I can come up with something and let you
(and the net) know.

Steve Froeschke			|	uunet!conch!steve
1408D Rickett Circle		|
Key West, FL 33040-0006		|