Submission for comp-unix-microport

UNIX-UNIX Cp uucp at tolerant.UUCP
Sat Jan 7 19:08:12 AEST 1989

From: ken at uport.UUCP (Ken Chapin)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: Re: file size limits
Date: 5 Jan 89 15:52:54 GMT

In article <125 at wybbs.UUCP> diekema at wybbs.UUCP (Jon Diekema) writes:
>I am running version 2.4 of System V/AT and have noticed the following
>behavior of cat:
>
>	I was trying to concatenate 42-100k files togather and cat
>	complained about an output file error. No matter what I tried,
>	I couldn't get the output file larger then 1,228,800 bytes.
>	There must be some limit that I am hitting.

Try "patch /unix Ulpatch" as super-user. That will report the current value. To
change this value, type "patch /unix Ulpatch 0x???" where ??? is a hex value.
This value controls the maximum size file a non-super-user can write.

Ken Chapin         UUCP: ...!{sun | ucbvax | ihnp4}!amdcad!uport!ken
Microport Systems
Technical Support