Submission for comp-unix-microport

The Daily Fishwrap news at tolerant.UUCP
Sat Jan 7 18:43:22 AEST 1989

From: jeff at softop.UUCP (Jeff)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: /dev/dsk for TWO fdisk partitions
Date: 30 Dec 88 00:34:27 GMT

I plan to purchase a 200M drive for a 286 based uPort system.

4 file systems on this drive is insufficient for my needs,
so I wish to use fdisk to create 2 disk partitions, and then
to divvy each partition into 4 filsys's.

1/	Will it work

2/	What are the correct parameters for the /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk
	special files that will be needed

  | Jeff Tate              |     2425 Pandora Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada  |
  | van-bc!softop!jeff     |                                 (604) 254-4583  |