Dropping DTR?

Jim Rosenberg jr at oglvee.UUCP
Sat Jan 28 04:12:27 AEST 1989

In article <362 at cocktrice.UUCP> mdm at cocktrice.UUCP (Mike Mitchell) writes:
>I can start a getty running on /dev/ttyM0 and the DTR comes up. When I kill
>the getty, the DTR drops for a moment and then comes up again. The modem
>still answers the phone, but there is nothing running to accept logins.

The "book" way of dropping DTR is supposed to be stty 0.  On our Altos 2000
with Xenix System V I have to do this to zap DTR after a uucico dial-out.  What
happens when you try

stty 0 </dev/ttyM0

??  If this doesn't work then for my $.02-worth I'd say the driver's broke.
--
Jim Rosenberg                        pitt
Oglevee Computer Systems                 >--!amanue!oglvee!jr