need help with modem, the saga continues

Roland Wilcher raw at ushiva.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 12:22:44 AEST 1989

In article <11322 at quacky.mips.COM> menna at mips.COM (Randy Menna) writes:
>I have programed the modem for the following:
>	auto-answer			( after 1 ring )
>	command echo off		( ATE0 )
>	track state of data carrier	( &C1 )
>	  from remote modem, "on"
>	  condition indicates presence
>	  of a carrier
>	assumes initailzation state	( &D3 )
>	  when detecting an on to off
>	  DTR transition. (current settings
>	  are over written with ones in
>	  nvram)

I have a Practical peripheral modem 2400 wich seems to be pretty
much hayes compatable. The only real differance between what you
have and what I have is &D2 Instead of &D3. I also use the infamous
uugetty so I can poll machines and support logins on the same line.
Sounds kinda like getty doesnt know theres no carrier. Cables ?

---
Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.         raw at neologic%hal.crwu.edu
                                                {hal,decvax}!ncoast!ushiva!raw
                                                             Roland A. Wilcher