Proposal -- comp.unix.i386

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Tue Jan 24 02:09:05 AEST 1989

No fancy stuff, this time. 90% of the stuff in comp.unix.xenix these days
seems to be related to System V/386 and relatives. Since even SCO is going
to be dropping the Xenix name from this offering, I'd like to propose that
a new group be created to suck up the 386 chatter.

No fancy stuff. No old groups going away. comp.unix.xenix and .microport
are perfectly good for dealing with the two main branches of 286 unix, and
the Tandy 6000 people. Just a new comp.unix.i386.

Voting starts February 1st, and continues to March 2nd. Votes received before
and after this period will be ignored. I'm not going to pay any attention
to naming or hierarchy suggestions unless there seems to be a consensus that
sysv386 or sysv.386 or whatever is unequivocally superior.

This one is gonna be by the book.
Work: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.   `-_-'
Home: bigtex!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.uu.net.                 'U`
Opinions may not represent the policies of FICC or the Xenix Support group.